Gastroenterology Community
Fatty liver and then gall bladder removal

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I had my gall bladder removed in Feb 2010.  Tests showed a fatty liver in December 09.  I weighed 370 lbs in early December.  I lost about 35 pounds in the next two months, dieting, exercise, etc. Then gall bladder goes bad and have it removed.  I have lost another 70 pounds in the last 5-6 months basically eating very very heatlhy and all natural, with some light exercise.  The question I have is about the fatty liver, and how it adjusts with the lack of a gall bladder?  All of my blood tests in late June and  early July have come back good.  Anything I should be doing to help the liver recover or get rid of the fat.  

You know, I have wondered the same thing.  I have never been that heavy.  The best I have done is in my upper 220's, and all the PC would tell me is that if I avoid high fructose syrups, sugar, and lose weight that it would probably resolve itself.