Feel 'bulge' on left side of abdomen
My husband had what he thought was a hernia, but a recent CT Scan showed none to be present.  It did however show him to be constipated.  He has regular BMs daily, so this was a surprise to him.  If you push on the left side of his abdomen, you feel a bulge and with pressing on it, you feel bubbles.  He has pain in that area after eating certain meals.  I ordered him "Ultra Flora Plus Capsules" that is a probiotic formula that provides highly vialbe, pure strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus (NCFM strain) and Bifidobacterium lactis along with supportive factors.  It provides no less than 15 billion combined live organisms per serving.  He has been taking the recommended dose of 1 capsule daily for a week now.  I'm not sure if this will help.
What do you think this bulge could be?  His doctor just keeps telling him it's just gas bubbles and the constipation is causing a weak bulge in the intestion.  Maybe he now needs to see a specialist in this field, but we have already spent a fortune on the CT Scan and other apts.  What could be causing this bulge?
Thank you
I would have your husband see a Gastroenterologist whose specialty this is.  But you could try a laxative, Miralax or a bottle of magnesium citrate to get him completely cleaned out.  Then make sure he gets his probiotics.  You can have regular BM's but still have some impacted stool and only something like the above mentioned will get this moving.  If after a good laxative it doesn't move then he definitely needs to see a gastro doctor to determine what this is for sure and why.  His doctor should have advised him on what to do if he has impacted stool, and it doesn't sound as if he did.
Probiotics can help but it can take up to 2 weeks.  Activia Yogurt is an excellent way to get the needed probiotics.