Gastroenterology Community
Feel like I'm choking

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Feel like I'm choking

I have always burped more than usual. My husband says I burp more than most of the men he knows. But I have never had any other symptoms with the burping so I have never gone to see a doctor about it. Recently, I've felt like something is at the bottom of my throat and it gives me the sensation almost as if I'm choking. The feeling is overwhelming and I find myself swallowing a lot to relieve the feeling. When I swallow, eat or drink, and burp it relieves the feeling but only for a short period of time and I'm back to feeling miserable again. I have been burping a little more than usual...even for me. The choking sensation also gives me a gagging sensation and I've found myself over the toilet several times...though nothing ever came of it. If I literally touch the bottom of my throat (The little opening in the middle) and apply pressure it feels very uncomfortable and I find myself gagging. I have tried both Tums and Maalox ...neither have helped. Please help! I have no clue what this would be caused from.
had same problems as you. Got fed up of prescription medicines and went to a herbologist. Healed me almost completely. In my case cause was stagnant bile that needed to be moved or thinned out. Basically sluggish liver can be one of the causes for your problem. Could direct you to speak with the herbologist. Mail to ***@**** if interested.
My mom had trouble with feeling like she was choking, and she had her esophogus streched.  I guess they seen the problem with a upper scope test.
You should probably have an endoscopy. Could also be a hiatal hernia.

Good luck!
All the same symtoms (symptoms) and more! I had a mirade of overlapping symtoms (symptoms) from post nasl drip, coughing, bronchial coingestion, choking at night, chest tightness, constant burping to rib and upper back pain!  I didn't know what came first the chicken or the egg... Or if all those symtoms (symptoms) were even related? A friend who is a doctor examined me and sid i had relux however I will not take meds of any kind for this as it will cuase bigger issues in the long run. As well...doctors misdiagnose way too often, perform too many unnessasray invasive tests that cause infections, injury etc...and often perscribe unnessasary or inappropriate drugs...The horror stories are endless! I go to a nutritonist and holistic dr and I suggest this route first. You will find that some of the simplist lifestyle and diet changes bring the fastest, safest relief. Good luck!
Undergoing same symptoms, Can I have details of herbologist, Please.