Gastroenterology Community
Feeling Nauseous in the morning

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Feeling Nauseous in the morning

Hi i'm 17 this year and i'm still a student.
Sometimes i will wake up at 5.30 in the morning to get ready for school. At first, i do not feel nauseous at all but as time passes, i feel a little. I usually have porridge for breakfast.
I take the train to school and i always have to control my nausea during the journey. If my nausea gets really bad, i will alight the train and wait for the next train to board. I usually sip a few mouthfuls of water when i feel nauseous and it does help a little too. Sometimes i would swallow my saliva. The journey to school is always so torturous for me everyday. Sometimes i would also prefer not to talk because, whenever i talk , i feel like puking. But i usually dont puke.

However in the afternoon, i usually dont feel nauseous anymore and i even have the appetite for food. So i don't think im suffering from stomach flu or anything. The nauseous feeling started ever since a few months ago. I've had stomach flu at the starting of the year but after i recovered, i felt rather alright, there is no feeling of nausea or anything.
During the weekend, i feel perfectly fine. I dont feel nauseous or anything and i have the appetite for food too.

By the way, i do not get any abdominal pain or diarrhea. I just feel nauseous, that's all.

What causes the nausea? Is it because im too stress? Please help me get rid of this feeling. REPLY PLEASEE!
It sounds to me like the nausea is a result of your anticipation of the train ride to school.  You admit that it is bad, and once you arrive at school, you're fine, and on the weekends when you do not have to anticipate the train ride, you are fine.  Anxiety does cause this, and even vomiting.  You need to find a way to overcome this dread and anxiety.  But first you have to know why it is so tortuous for you.  If you could tell us, I'm sure we could find ways to help you around this.
My mum thinks it's all in the mind and i have 'air' in my tummy. I''m consuming a type of TCM medicine that helps me to clear the air in my stomach which helped alot today.

I guess it's probably because i'm feeling stressed out regarding school work and stuff and i have to wake up really early for school. But i feel better today, not that nauseous anymore.

Anyway thanks for replying :) i appreciate it!