Gastroenterology Community
Feeling like I drank Vicks Vapor rub

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Feeling like I drank Vicks Vapor rub

For the last few months, I feel like I have drank Vicks Vapor rub with the vapor rising up my throat and into my mouth. I have GERD and a small hiatal hernia but I have had those for years. It is only recently that I have experienced this sensation.  It really feels like something vapor is coming back up my throat.  It is not an acid taste, I have had that before and it is not this.  It really feels like vapor is coming back up my throat. My tongue is also slightly coated and my food doesn't taste quite right.  I told my GP and the GI Dr. and even asked the allergist if he thought I was having a reaction to somethiing - like if it was a food allergy.  None of these Dr.s had ever heard of anything like this.  I also have pain just below my rib on the left side, close to the middle of my chest.  It is a sharp pain that comes and goes.  I can't recall which came first but I know that these came on about the same time and that they have been around for at least the last 3 months. I had an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy which came back normal. No Dr. has been able to give me a diagnosis.  I am not having trouble breathing or anything but I am wondering if I should see a pulminary specialist as the GI Dr. doesn't have any answers.
Avatar n tn
I've had the same sensation. Any responses to this?
I am having exactly the same thing but my doctor does not know what it is.  They did find blood in my urine, just the other day, and now we are doing a serious of urine test, 3 days in a row and they are saying it may be something to do with the bladder.  So at least there is a possible diagnose to these strange effects.