Gastroenterology Community
Feeling like my stomach is going to explode

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Last Saturday I ate a little too much and since then I had like my stomach is super extended, feel like a rock and lots of gas. I'm eating a little bit of soup and fruits since then and still feeling like my stomach is going to explode. Why is that? Do I have to go to the gastroenterologist? What to do? Thanks
Hard to say.. Hardness and extension are usually the gas, and the trick is to see how long it last.  Sometimes an irritation caused by foods or a virus can cause this.   If you have a lot of pain, vomiting, fever or constipation, you should go to the doc right away now that it's been several days.   If you start to get better, it could be a virus that will resolve.
This may be personal ? and unrelated but has it been a while since you have had a really good stool that can cause these problems as well i think. Hope you feel better