Gastroenterology Community
Feeling of throwing up

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Feeling of throwing up

I have had a feeling of sudden nausea for the past 4 months. Dr. did all kinds of tests (barium drink, ultrasound for gallstones, upper scope, blood work, HIDA scan) they finally found my gallbladder was not working so they removed it. Only problem is I still keep having the feeling of sudden nausea. I will just be sitting somewhere then all of a sudden I get the feeling in my throat right before you throw up. Only thing is I don't ever throw up. But I feel like I am going to so I leave wherever I am just in case. This is really interrupting my life! I can't go out to eat, I have a horrible time at work...its miserable. Dr. said it might be anxiety now but I don't know. They couldn't figure the gallbladder out for 4 months and that has been their fallback so I think they just don't know what else to say.