Fiber intake
i have been having stomach problems and the GI doc told me to eat 25-35 grams of fiber per day because she is worried I am not having a bowel movement often enough even though I don't feel constipated. So I have been doing this. My question is how long does it take this fiber to take effect and what should I do if it doens't make me go? I think I haven't gone in about 5 days and have been on this fiber kick since monday (today being wednesday) and still don't feel constipated, or the need to go....any ideas?
try Fiber Choice chewables- it should work within 24 hours. What is your weight? Maybe you don't eat enough?
Im 5'3 and 150 lbs. I eat plenty. I eat full meals that are cooked at home, balanced meals. Not much junk food. Im already eating 25-35 grams per day of fiber, including a powdered supplement that you add to water, does it matter what form the fiber comes in?
RE: does it matter what form the fiber comes in?

Very much so!!! Different fibers work differently in different people. If you have dry stool once fiber can make it more constipating and if you have wet stool another can make it more runny. Talking from personal experience.

Best thing to do is experiment. If you find one that works you will see results with in 24-48 hours. You may need more or less depending on your body. Once you get flowing you maybe able to cut back too.

There are a few fiber products listed in my thread.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/660767