Gastroenterology Community
Fibroid complications

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Fibroid complications

Six weeks ago I had an incomplete miscarriage that my doctor found out was due to the presence of a pedunculated fibroid that was the size of a softball. It was discovered during the emergency D and C that was performed on me because I was bleeding uncontrollably. Three weeks post op I had an ultrasound which showed the presence of a smaller fibroid. My doctor just wants to watch it for now. However, my husband and I do want to have children again and I am afraid that if I conceive with this submucosal fibroid inside of me, that the same thing will happen all over again. I don't want to lose another baby if I can prevent it. Should I seek a second opinion? Should I insist on having the tumor removed? Please help! I really do want to have a baby, but not if my body isn't ready for it.
Tags: fibroids