Aa
A
A
Close
Fistula Operation
Hi All,
I have just had operation to insert seton into my fistula which apparently turned out to be more complex than they thought it was. I had the op on Weds and i'm still really really uncomfortable. I'm starting infliximab in 2 weeks and should be having setons removed in about 8 weeks. Will it be this uncomfortable for th whole time they are in? Also, how long will there be draining from the wound? Man thanks if anyone can help xx
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had the same surgery for the same thing in May of 2010. My seton was in for exactly 6 months. I wish I could tell you that it all gets better quickly... It was uncomfortable for the majority that I had it in.  It drained almost every day. Now that I have it out, it continues to drain and after 16 days of its removal I will be starting flagyl in case of an infection.   My advice is to keep it clean (use babywipes) and use 2x2 gauze to control the drainage.  
I wish you the best of luck!!!!  (and hopefully someone will post a great experience so we both can learn more)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Fistula Operation
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources