Fistulotomy help
I had an abscess that wasn't healing. My CRS said a fistulotomy was the only way to heal it. So I suffered with the pain, draining, pussing, etc for three weeks before the surgery. I had the surgery on Wed 6/12. Doctor said it went well. There is no packing and he said antibiotics weren't necessary.

I'm wondering if I'm healing normally at this point. It's only been two days, but there is still a small amount of puss. I'm doing site baths several times per day. I can't tell if I'm still passing fecal matter through the tract because its still very swollen and I'm having a hard time seeing it well. After a bm, there is still some fecal matter there even after I've cleaned well. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I'm worried that then surgery wasn't performed properly.

Has anyone gone through this?  How long is the drainage normal for?  The bleeding has almost stopped which I guess is good. Anyone have any advice?  I'm at my wits end with this and I'm really just ready for it to be over.

Hi there!

Well, it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation; though it may not particularly be abnormal to expect some drainage for a few days after the surgery. It would be best to discuss the situation in detail with your treating doctor after a review appointment for suggestion of further management plan, if required.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!