Gastroenterology Community
Flagyl and diarrhea ?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Flagyl and diarrhea ?

Does flagyl course nausea and Diarrhea ? I starting using it for a possible c diff infection. Is it possible to have c diff and be treating it and still have diarrhea. Or can it be another side effect from antibiotic flagyl? Does any one. Need some help here to figure this out.
Flagyl can cause nausea and diarrhea. Many of the antibiotics do. C. diff also causes nausea and diarrhea, so it may be difficult to figure out.
Thanks..
Hi there,

Whenever you take an antibiotic of any sort, you should always eat Yogurt and drink Pro-biotics as antibiotics interfere with the normal flora in your stomach and that can cause nausea and diarrhoea.

Go to your nearest Chemist and get Pro-biotics.

All the best,
I'm a little down, I've had this bug before and had to take flagyl for it. I was a lot younger then and tuck it like candy with no issues. Now I couldn't tolerate one day of it. Also I am using a probiotic that's from the natural brand, lactobacillus and noticed its causing me bad gas and constipation. Any good probiotics that don't do this?
Hi there,

Remember the Yogurt tip and you can try Metamucil instead of pro biotics.  Metamucil has an ingredient:  physillium husk - that acts as the intestine/stomach broom