Floating Stools??????
I have been having floating stools on an off for a while now, and sometimes I won't have any diarrhea or floating stools for a week or so and then one day it will come back, some days diarrhea some days floating stools. Is there a way to tell if the floating stools are the cause of excess fecal fat or trapped gas? I have food allergies and I still eat foods containing soybean oil and soy lecithin, but on the days when I have no problems with my stools I still usually had eaten some soy product the day before. I had taken digestive enzymes in the past and I am concerned to whether that could have caused any problems with floating stools, I heard that the protease kills the lipase in your system causing you to not be able to digest fat?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I would recommend you talk to your doctor about this to determine what is wrong.