Gastroenterology Community
Flutter

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Flutter

I started waking up a couple of weeks ago with a fluttering sensation in my upper stomach.  There has been some belching and most of the time it only lasts until noon and then after I eat lunch it goes away.  I have no pain or other symptoms.  It lasted for 4 days and then just disappearred, now it is back and changing diet does not seem to make any difference.  I do take a multi vitamin, osteo byflex, fish oil and calcium.  The only one that was different when the systems started was the multi vitamin which I switched brands.  There is some belching as well.
Tags: flutter
I've been having fluttering in my lower stomach. I am a 37 year old woman and I have been tested for pre menupalse which was negitive as well as ultra sounds and cat scans of my liver, stomach, pankris, kidneys, gall bladder-Although, I do have gallstones, I am not pregnaunt (pregnant) because I have not been sexually active for 3 years. I also have not had a period for 4.5 months and also an ultra sound of my reproductive organ, my overiy, utrus, and all was normal. I am consipated though. But I just really want to know to what the painless flutters in my lower stomach are. They bother me all the time for the last month or so. I have 2 kids and it kind of feels like baby kicks, but it cant be a 3year old baby inside me plus I was tested for being pregunant.
A fluttering stomach can be caused by a number of things, but usually it indicates some sort of weakness in the muscle (for example, when youh exercise a lot after not exercising much your muscles twitch; your stomach's the same).

If there's no pain, no nausea, and only belching, you probably don't hve much to worry about, but you may want to talk to the doc about that. If it continues you might want to see a gastroenterologist in order to investigate the possibility of some form of dyspepsia.

Good luck.
I too have fluttering in my lower abdomen. I also have a hernia there from previous surgery.  I have been having more & more trouble moving my bowels. Could this hernia be causing poor motility??  
Hello, I myself have been experiencing the same. For the past six days now I have had this annoying (non painful) twitching inside my stomch. It's more to the left side of my belly button. It's rather scary as I'm not sure what it is. I've been to a few doctors and they just sluff me off. The only thing that has been found is a small (5cm) sist on my left fallopian tube. I can't find this being the reasoning for his discomfort I feel in my stomach. Bowels are moving fine and I am burping more then normal but I can deal with that, it's this damn twitching that is driving me crazy. I have had five children in six years and it does feel very much like a babies movement but I have been in for an ultrasound and it shows nothing other then the sist. What is going on inside my stomach???
I have been having a fluttering sensation in upper midline abdomen. 23 years old, no pregnancies, no history of acid reflux/heart burn. It happened twice yesterday and once today... not sure what it is.
I've been having pregnancy symptoms for a while now I had took a pregnancy test a month and a half ago it was negative. I also was having discharge coming from my nipples they were sore and tender as well. I'm having flutter movement in my stomach as well and some discharge from my vigina (vagina) while also throwing up being dizzy almost passing out nauseous and having heart burn. Can you please tell me something that will help me. Thanks