Gastroenterology Community
Focal colitis

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Focal colitis

I was diagnosed with focal colitis of unknown origin at the splenic flexure last year - did another colonoscopy that advanced to the hepatic flexure - then came out of sedation - they had to stop the procedure - does this mean that the splenic flexure was checked or not.  Told after first colonoscopy that I had thickening of the bowel no answers as to why.  Because of the sedation complications doctors do not want to do another colonoscopy but still experiencing severe diahiarra, abdominal cramping, pain and sometimes bleeding at least once a month.  What do I do now
Yes, the splenic flexure gets viewed before the hepatic flexure does. The spleen(On your left side) comes before your liver(hepatic-on right side) So to get to the hepatic flexure, they have to see the splenic first.
Get a second opinion if possible. I recommend the Mayo Clinic in Rochester.They are wonderful!