Gastroenterology Community
Food Intolerance and Throat Gurgling

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Food Intolerance and Throat Gurgling

Has anyone pursued food intolerance and throat gurgling?  I am not allergic to soy and soy derived products but I think that I may be intolerant.  When I have bouts of throat gurgling I can trace it to something I ate or drank containing soy.
There are a myriad of symptoms that can occur with food intolerances so it would be difficult to say yes or no to your question. Some have stomach pain, reflux-like symptoms, difficulty breathing, greater production of phlegm, etc. One of the better ways to find out is take the substance out of your diet. If it clears up the problem and you feel better, you've got an answer.

Many 'regular' docs don't buy into the 'intolerance' to foods issue as measured by IgA/IgG levels - if the IgE levels turn out negative. Others swear by the IgA/IgG tests since it often can tell them what to stay away from. If you've had IgE tests done with negative results, you might consider doing IgA/IgG testing and see what happens.

But overall, if you make the problem disappear with elimination of soy from your diet, you'll know what will work for you.