Gastroenterology Community
Food Poisoning or Constipation/Blockage?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

For accuracy purposes I'm going to post all the info that I know.

Monday night around 10-11PM I ate some hot pockets. I heated them according to instructions and they were hot except one small part (like 2 bites) of one of the hot pockets.

Tuesday when I woke up I noticed minor stomach cramps/pressure/bubbling. This is how I usually feel before an episode of gas or diarrhea so I just waited. At some point I believe I had a single large sized stool but the stomach symptoms did not go away. Towards early-mid afternoon I noticed a light headache/fever coming on and around 7PM I decided to lay down. After sleeping for a couple hours I woke up with a high fever and chills. I took some ibprofin and got what sleep I could.

Wednesday the fever was down and I felt a little better but still same stomach cramps/pressure. Somewhere between 11:00AM - 2:00PM I had 2-3 small bowel movements. All were very watery. Maybe 1 of these was a "got to go" type, but for the most part it was more of a straining to get it out. At some point in the day my fever went up a bit, but not as bad as Tuesday night. So I took 1 ibprofin.

Thursday was basically the same as Wednesday. Stomach cramping/pressure, about 3 bowel movements, watery, mostly straining to get it out. Towards the end of the night the fever came back, higher than Wednesday and I had to take 2 ibprofin and confine myself to bed and sleep for a while. This may have been due to the fact that I played tennis for about an hour or that I'd eaten much less than I normally do and was eating toast, bananas, dry cereal, and some chicken noodle soup to make it easier on my digestive system. I don't know.

Friday (Today) the stomach cramps/pressure is still there, though the fever has gone down from Thursday night. More bowel movements, though today it was less straining and more of the "gotta go right now" type. Still very watery.

I just do not know if this is food poisoning or a case of constipation/blockage of some sort. The stomach pressure/cramps has been constant throughout every day, though minor. Even after a watery bowel movement the stomach cramps don't go away, or don't go away for long.

I'm just really sick of this and want it to be done. If it's constipation then I'll just go get a suppository and clean myself out. But if it's food poisoning I don't know that it would be a good idea. I'd like to not have to go to a doctor if I can avoid it, as that is expensive and I don't have medical insurance.

Any help would be appreciated. If you need more information or clarification just ask and I'll do my best to remember.
So i've had even more diarrhea, some straining necessary to get more out. It felt like there was a large hard stool that I couldn't get out, so I tried a saline enema as well as using a glove and breaking it up with my finger except I couldn't find any stool.

Why does it feel like there is a hard stool I can't pass and yet there isn't one there?