I've been having stomach problems for about 2 months now.
Every 1-2 days I get a stomach ache during the day and it is usually followed by diarreha.
- Frequent dull pain in center upper abdomen, just above the navel.
- Usually the pain is followed by bloating and cramping in lower abdomen.
- Loose watery stools. No blood appears to be present.
- When I get these stomach aches I usually have 2-3 bowel movements that day. Normally I have 1 BM/day.
- After bowel movements I usually feel a bit better, but some dull pain usually lingers.
- Occasional gurgling sound if I push/suck in out my abdomen.
- Sharp pain in lower right abdomen if I sit or crouch for long periods of time.
- No fever
I've avoided dairy products for a few weeks now, and it does not help, so it does not seem to be lactose intolerance. I haven't travelled recently.
I saw my GP a few weeks ago, and I did an abdominal ultrasound, blood tests (for inflammation and H pylori), stool cultures, and a urine test. All tests were normal. My GP prescribed rabeprazole for me. I have an appointment with a GI specialist soon, although any insight or tests questions I could ask about would be appreciated.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.