GERD, larynx pain, plus swollen lymph nodes
I was diagnosed with GERD several years ago.  For awhile, I took Nexium, but it was too strong for me and I discontinued taking it daily, although, I do take it when I feel heartburn regularly.  Now, I've developed swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck.  Plus, I have pain in my larynx.  After taking 2 rounds of Augmentin, with little relief, it seems to me that all this pain might be related to an increase in my GERD.  I read that it can sometimes come up to the larynx.  But, can there also be involvement with the lymph nodes?

I will be seeing an ENT this week for further diagnosis.  I've already had 2 ultrasounds (primarily for small nodules in thyroid), but nothing was seen on the lymph nodes.  How worried should I be about this being cancer or Barrett's syndrome?  I've otherwise been pretty healthy and would like to conquer this problem once and for all.