Gastroenterology Community
Gallbladder Removal to chronic pancreas issues??

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have read discussions of others who, like me, had their gallbladder removed; yet, still suffered from pain, AKA "phantom gallbladder pains (or so my doctor said). I questioned if I had an SOD, yet, the doctor(s) did not seem to be concerned. And, yes, the pain did seem to be more intense after fatty foods, yet, it was rather constant. It has become a constant pain that I live with. Sometimes worse than others. Occassionally, I throw-up after meals (especially if eating out). I am scared that I have caused damage to my pancreas due to my med's. I have a significant history of depression & anxiety, along with migraines. I take many medications, which I know one of which can be hard on the kidneys. Not to mention, I had breast augmentation twice in the past year, thus, having pain meds each time, which again, are not good for the liver. Now, I appear to be showing signs of malabsorption, with oily stools, that are difficult to flush away; and loose stools &/or diarreha. My doctor always seems to blow my concerns off, for I am 34 years of age. However, I have been on and off of antidepressants since I was 17.
How do I get someone to listen to my concerns? Will my bloodwork (enzymes) be abnormal if this is chronic pancreatitis? I do not want to have to wait until it is so bad, before someone finally catches it. Advice??

This discussion is related to Pain after Gallbladder Removal.
Talk to the doc about the current problems with the oily stools and ask to have your liver and pancreatic enzyme levels tested. You may also want to consider following a low fat diet which, in some, seems to help with some of the problems after GB surgery.

If you're having fairly constant pain, then it's time to ask the doc for an MRCP to check to see if anything is going on in your biliary system. If you're worried and you can't get a response from your doc then it's time to have a frank talk with that doc.Tell your doc that you are concerned and you don't feel you're being taken seriously. Furthermore, due to that concern, you feel you either need to have him/her address your concerns or you may need to seek advice elsewhere. If you get no response, find another doctor.
when you have a attack,simply go to hospital,and ask for your amalayes and lipase to be checkes,if there elevated,its you pancreas...i have a buddy with pancreatitis,and he has many issues,,,severe pain,,and i mean the kind morphine wont help,,,severe weight loss,as the pancreas is eating iteself,and not send digestive enzymes to the digestive system.
but he said they found out from the elevated amalayes and lipase levels.
have you lost alot of weight?
does this flare up,or is it constant?
I have had severe pain especially at nite on my right side or back. They have done all kind of tests. My liver is not functioning properly, barrets esophgas,and gallstones. I can hardly function in daily chores and put them off. I need help with this pain and they give me lortab 5,it does nothing not even help my anxiety. My doctor looks at me like I'm crazy when I tell him about the pain. He said it was a swollen gallblader (gallbladder) and it was pressing organs. Iwould like to know what to ask for the terrible pain.   spikepain.
You have responded to an old, outdated thread from 2008. The people who originally posted these comments may very well have moved on. Rather than reply to an old thread, we recommend that people start a new topic to discuss the subject anew. To do that, please click on the green "Post a Question" button at the top of the page. This will get your post the attention it deserves. Thank you.