Gallbladder Surgery Success ~ Single Incision!!
I had my gallbladder removed on June 18th and when I awoke from surgery I was pleasantly suprised to find out that it was all done using only one single incision through my navel!  I had no idea that they could even do that.

Here is a web page all about it www.singleincisionlapchole.com

I had surgery on a Friday and was back at work on Tuesday.  I probably should have waited until Wednesday but only because I was pretty tired at the end of the day.

I have read so many horror stories on this website and just wanted to post some positive information.  I have had no real bad side effects except for occasional loose stools and that is usually if I have a few beers the evening before.  I feel great and have no more of the awful bloating and pain.  Oddly, my cholesterol levels have mysteriously gone back to normal after not being able to control them for years, especially the triglycerides.  Also, I was severely vitamin D deficient and that has improved greatly.

I just got my pathology report from my doctor and I indeed did have chronic cholecystitis and my gallbladder also had scarring which did not show up on any of the imaging tests.  We already knew I did not have gallstones, my gallbladder just didn't work (dyskinesia).  My HIDA scan had an ejection fraction of 25% and took just over an hour to show up on the scan.  

I hope this information helps someone else and don't forget to ask your surgeon about SILC (single incision laproscopic cholecystectomy).  It is still pretty new and not everyone will be able to have it done.  There are certain factors that makes it easier to do on some people and not others.

Tara