Gastroenterology Community
Gallbladder and blood in stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gallbladder and blood in stool

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this after gallbladder surgery.  I had my gallbladder out about 4 weeks ago and I've been pretty nauseated since.  I don't experience normal BMs and eating is a guessing game at times (I figure my body is just trying to adapt).  A couple days ago I got pretty sick from eating a plate of spaghetti and about 6 or 7 hours after eating, I had a bad case of diarrhea.  I had blood and mucous on the toilet paper that was red, not too bright red, but red.  To me it looked like the blood was separating in the mucous.  I talked to a friend of mine who told me it's probably from the surgery and the doctor said he'd see me again in a week and half.  If there's more blood, then he'll order a colonoscopy.  Should I be concerned about this?  Is it blood passing after the surgery...has this happened to anyone?  I haven't had another episode since that day, but it's only been 3 days...does blood in the stool usually occur more frequently?  Thanks!
Avatar n tn
I had my gallbladder out last Nov. I was still nauseated and ended up having to go back in to have them remove gallstones from my duct.
Make sure you keep on your doctor to help you.
Avatar n tn
Did you have any blood in your stool after the surgery?