Gastroenterology Community
Gallbladder dysfunction and dizziness

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gallbladder dysfunction and dizziness

I have been ill for a long time.  I initially had a hida scan that showed a 15% ckk hida in 1992 and now a hida ckk showing 16%.  I have also been diagnosed with lyme disease.  I am a retired Chiropractor and am still not sure if my mid back pain is due to my bad non functioning gallbladder or the  lyme has affected the joint at about T11-T12.  I have other joints that are getting arthritic and perhaps this swollen joint in my spine is causing the back pain.
In addition I have symptoms of gallbladder disease which is constipation, abdominal distension after consistent meals, lots of gas, sometimes lots of diarrhea after fatty food or large quantity of food.  In addition I am getting dizzi on and off to the point I have to hold on to metal soap dish in shower when I close my eyes to wash hair or I am afraid of falling.
I guess I really would like to know from the surgeon if my gallbladder could possibly be stimulating the vagus nerve possibly causing dizziness.  The gallbladder also showed it was enlarged on a ct scan once.  My heart also races when I do not feel well.  I dont get that classic under the right rib cage severe pain.  The mid back pain is bad but it seems to be affected by movement and then at times it just aches in that T11,T12 region.  Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.
I posted once before with no answer from anyone.  2 Hida scans with ckk show one at 15% and one at 16%.  I feel sick every day.  I have a deep ache in mid back but am not sure if from spine or gallbladder.  How can I tell?  When I do not eat my mid back pain and heart racing gets worse.  Is the gallbladder getting distended with bile possibly causing this.
I also have post lyme syndrome or could possibly be still infected.  Not sure if a diseased gallbladder can cause any dizziness but would sure like to know.  Any help appreciated.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I'm sorry no one responded to your post.  If no one responds to this, you can just respond to your own post with the word "bump" which will bring it up to the top of the list.  I'm sorry but I do not know the answer to your question but I hope that someone else will come and answer it.  If no one responds after a couple of days, you can send me a private message and I'll try and find someone to answer your questions.
-patient915 (Community Leader)
Can I ask why you havent had your gallbladder removed?  With an ejection fraction that low its usually the cure... I myself had an normal EF of 52% but all the symptoms pain, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, back pain, shoulder pain..also a severely delayed gallbladder, so even though it was functioning just took extra long for it to.  I had mine out 3 weeks ago and happy to say all my symptoms are gone after 7 months of suffering?  Have you given any thought to it?