Gallbladder incision not healing
Nearly three weeks ago (April 6th), I had my gall bladder removed laparoscopically. Staples were removed on april 14th.

I'm having problems with the incision under my belly button, it doesn't seem to be healing. It is open, about an inch long and a half inch wide, the base is an off-white color which is moist most of the time. There is red around the edges of the wound. It does ooze a brownish liquid which I find on the bandages when I pull them off.

Last Sunday, I went to urgent care, who told me it was infected and they put me on antibiotics and told me to keep it clean, put Neosporin on it as well as a new bandage every few hours. Then two days later,  I saw an NP at my regular physicians office who said it "looked good" which seemed completely divergent from what the doctor at urgent care said, and to me, the wound looked exactly the same. No change noticeable.

Shouldn't there be a scab forming? Shouldn't the edges of the wound be closed in order to heal? Should the staples have stayed in longer? I feel like I'm getting completely different answers from different people, please help!
Sounds like there is still infection there....I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and my bellybutton is scabbed up nicely. It was the slowest incision to heal....the others healed up quicker. I put neosporin on mine after I shower.
I would go back to your dr and ask to see your dr not the NP......better yet call your surgeon who is the one who knows best, after all he deals with incisions every day. :)