Gastroenterology Community
Gallbladder removed through lapa surgery last December 21,2012

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hello Dr.,

I had my gallbladder removed last December 21,2012.  Four days after the laparoscopic surgery I felt the pain on the area where my gallbladder was located and it was even more painful compared to when the gallbladder was still there. I went back to my  surgeon and he referred me to an internist doctor. His reason was, it has nothing to do with my surgery. I was informed by my surgeon that there were clips used for my surgery that were left there. I have been going back to my internist doctor for almost 2 years and went back to my surgeon 4 times. I had undergone several tests like, cat scan and MRI with or with contrast, x ray but found nothing that causes the pain. My internist doctor has been giving me shots for pain reliever which he called 3ga point. I don't know if that is the spelling but I heard him saying that medicine. I have been drinking lots of pain reliever which made me worried because of the negative impact / side effects to my organs.I had lots of sleepless nights because of this pain" upper right quadrant underneath my ribs" and this really bothers me a lot for I have to file a sick leave  from my job just to see my doctors because I really could not perform my job well and of course the copays that I   have to pay.I have not asked my surgeon yet if he is willing to remove the clips and if my insurance will cover the cost just for the removal of the clips. By the way, I am in pain right now but just try to do my very best to compose this letter. Please advise me on what to do. I really appreciate you for taking your time for this lengthy letter. Thanks.