Gastroenterology Community
Gallbladder symptoms but negative tests....?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I am a 23-year-old female and have been having symptoms of gallbladder problems for the past month and a half. (Severe right upper quadrant pain, positive Murphy's sign, yellow diarrhea, nausea, and right shoulder pain). The attacks last anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours, especially after eating fatty foods, and even lean pork.  I vomited once during an especially bad attack. I ended up having an ultrasound that showed no stones, a HIDA scan that came back normal (gallbladder functioning at 87%), and an upper endoscopy that showed no abnormalities. I have a family history of gallbladder disease. My grandfather on my dad's side, my half sister on my dad's side, and my mom have all had their gallbladders removed due to gallbladder disease. What else could this be? None of the tests I have had show conclusive evidence of gallbladder disease, but all of the signs and symptoms point to gallbladder. I don't know what to do and am sick of dealing with all of this pain! Please help.
If your gallbladder is only functioning at 87% then it's not functioning properly. Also your gallbladder can be inflammed and not show up on tests.  Given your family's health history and your tests results I don't know why they just don't remove it.  Maybe it's time to seek a second opinion?  Take care.
87% is unfortunately a bit high and could be part of the problem. I'd like to suggest that you also get checked out for celiac disease. There's a high correlation in many between a high ejection fraction and celiac issues. If you're going to use the blood test for celiac make sure to check all parameters not just transglutaminase.
(my name is chantelle and i am 18)  ho my god i am the same but i keep getting head akes,sholder pain, back pain, feeling sick after eating but not been sick i get shivers and feel weak i have had  these symptoms for over a year and a half but when i first got the pains i went 2 doctors they gave me pain killers i kept going back in the space of 4 week i was in so much pain its weard how it is all on 1 side well i ended up going 2 the walking centre with my mum and they would not see me because i was on tablets wow paracetomal! So i burst in to tear thinking it was never going to go away so we went 2 hospital and they said it was a wee infection and gave me more tablets! They never worked i just got tired of running around i was ill it went 4 a few week but then came back ho my god i am fed up of it so a year and a half later i decide 2 go back and 2 day at the walking centre they gave me co-Dydramol tablets and lansoprazole capsuals
Sorry i did not mension that all the times i had servia pain 4 times i went back over the year, the doctor that saw me 2day is not happy my doctor has not transferd me 2 the hospital 4 a scan which i can not remember or a camera because the symptoms at my age 18 is irregular, if you please could tell me what might happen 2 me or what i might have im scared :(
ho and the pain is near my right ribs at the bottom hard to explain my right arm feel akey and i have had ear infections in my right ear and constapation has bee a problem and i weigh 11 stone