Gastroenterology Community
Gallbladder

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gallbladder

History of slightly elevated liver enzymes, GGT of 120, US of liver and gallbladder that came back with only a slightly fatty liver and a dilated bile duct. Also a normal HIDA scan. I also experince severe nausea, loss of appetite, bouts of constipation and diahrrea, green stool, pain in the URQ of my abdomen and espicially when palpated,a slight fever, and headaches. Went to the ER and was given Zofran and Loratab but my liver enzymes were normal.Can it still be my gallbladder?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
A fatty liver occurs when there is fat accumulation in the liver. There is liver dysfunction, tenderness, fatigue, loss of appetite and weight loss in this condition. Dilated bile duct can be due to cysts of the common bile duct, enlarged lymph nodes in the porta hepatis, gallstones, and inflammation of bile duct and tumors of bile ducts or pancreas. Biliary sludge is another condition associated with stomach pain after eating greasy food. This sludge is the thickened mixture of bile components after the solids separate from the liquid form. This may inhibit the forceful contraction of the bile into the small intestine. A  HIDA scan creates pictures of your liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and small intestine and is quite useful in diagnosing gall bladder problems. It could be possible that you have gastro esophageal reflux disease which causes heartburn, nausea, difficulty in swallowing etc.You should seek the opinion of a gastroenterologist and get your doubts clarified. Write to me again.
Best luck and regards!