Gastroenterology Community
Gallstone Attack 8 hours after eating?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gallstone Attack 8 hours after eating?

Hello, I have tried to find an answer for this specific question so I didn't feel like I was beating a dead horse.  My question is, from what I have read online, granted I have not seen a Doctor yet, I believe I may have developed gallstones.  I have these "attacks" almost every single time I eat more than what I would call the norm.  They are always upper right side and just barely under my rib cage, I can put pressure on it and it makes the pain that much worse.  It's not what I would call ultra sharp but definitely not dull, almost like really bad gas.  To my question, I have read several different places that gallstone attacks typically occur 1-2 hours after you eat, in my case the pain is typically 8-10 hours after I eat, is this possible?  I generally eat around 6-8 and can be woke up by the pain as late as 5am, and it generally lasts around 30 minutes to an hour and 30 minutes and the pain just stops, it doesn't really fade, I feel a little sore afterwards especially if the "attack" was bad.  I know I need to see a Doctor, so no need to tell me that, I am just wondering from someone with experience if I can expect surgery or if something else is possibly going on.
Thanks Much.