Gallstones after gallbladder removal
I had my gallbladder removed in August 2008 and did extremly well with the surgery.  However, I have been having the same pain I was having before.  I discussed this with my doctor and he told me you can have gallstones without a gallbladder but it is rare.  He said that I do have gallstones and will have to have that hipa scan again and may require additional surgery.  My question is, has this happened to anyone else?  I need advice b4 I jump in and have another procedure.
Ask the doc about doing an MRCP to check out the status of your biliary system. Many individuals get stones after the GB is gone. They can form in small 'crevices' within the common bile duct, or they can be stones/sludge that got dislodged during surgery and somehow 'hid' and may not have caused problems before now. Either way, get it checked out.