Gallstones
Why do people always tell me that when their relative passed a gal stone, it was in the bathroom?
I Have gallstones and pass about 2 a month. I recieved them from loosing weight to fast. and when i pass them I'm in so much pain that I am affraid to even move my arms, I lay in bed and try to calm down until the pain surpasses, it gets so bad sometimes that I just think I'd rather just be dead then go through this again. or that There's no way this isn't going to kill me. eventually. I got a tip from a friend about pears, she said eat a fresh pear and it'll help. She was soo right on! I eat a pear after my meal and I haven't passed a stone in over a month, except for yesterday, and possibly today. But I cant do anything about it because I don't have insurance and can't afford it. but enough about me, I still want to know why people talk about the bathroom when passing a gal stone? I dont have to use the bathroom when it happens to me. soo whats up with that?

This discussion is related to Gallstones and Can they pass on their own?.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  After leaving your gallbladder, a gallstone will go into your large intestine and be passed with a bowel movement.