3150730 tn?1343266552
Gallstones
Why do people always tell me that when their relative passed a gal stone, it was in the bathroom?
I Have gallstones and pass about 2 a month. I recieved them from loosing weight to fast. and when i pass them I'm in so much pain that I am affraid to even move my arms, I lay in bed and try to calm down until the pain surpasses, it gets so bad sometimes that I just think I'd rather just be dead then go through this again. or that There's no way this isn't going to kill me. eventually. I got a tip from a friend about pears, she said eat a fresh pear and it'll help. She was soo right on! I eat a pear after my meal and I haven't passed a stone in over a month, except for yesterday, and possibly today. But I cant do anything about it because I don't have insurance and can't afford it. but enough about me, I still want to know why people talk about the bathroom when passing a gal stone? I dont have to use the bathroom when it happens to me. soo whats up with that?

This discussion is related to Gallstones and Can they pass on their own?.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  After leaving your gallbladder, a gallstone will go into your large intestine and be passed with a bowel movement.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources