Gas & Bowel related pain in strange places
I am a 47 WM and have hypothyroidism controlled by synthroid and levels check semi annually. Have had Gall Bladder removed in 2003, after HIDA scan revealed only 30% function.  Have also been diagnosed with a slight hiatal hernia and GERD.  Treated with Nexium (only med that seemed to work for me).  I am experiencing strange pains associated with either gas or the need to evacuate my bowels.  Pain moves chest, arms, legs.  Sometimes gets pinpointed in one spot, usually inner leg on one side near testicles that radiates down the leg into a tingling sensation in my foot.  Sleeping on my right side or stomach causes discomfort and sometimes results in coughing fit from acid getting to my throat.  Sleeping on left side best but sometimes can sleep on my back.
Question:  What should I do now?  How can I determine what the causes are and address them properly without going through 2 years of testing again. (That's how long it took to get to a HIDA scan and figure out my gall bladder was bad)