Gas related chest pain?
I'm a healthy 20 year old female. I have IBS, acid reflux, and I am sensitive to dairy.

Two problems:
1. I started waking up with muscles spasms from my IBS. The pain is below my rib cage about 2 inches above my belly button. I'm on hycosamine, which works most of the time. However, my spasms are becoming more frequent and more painful, to the point that it's a stabbing sensation and I'm doubled over. Are these muscle spasms offset by food or is it random? Also, what do I do if the medicine stops working?

2. I'm assuming this is from gas, but I've had pain on the left side of my chest now for three days. My stomach feels fine though, with the normal amount of flatulence I get every day. I have no real history of heart trouble..and I'm 20. Should I go to the doctor?

Have you had an amalgam tooth filling recently (last 6 mths)??  I had these same symptoms for 3 years before i discovered i've been mercury poisoned by my amalgams.
I remembered waking up one night from the intense pain in the same area u mentioned (around 2 to 3 inches above my belly button).

After removing my amalgams, i no longer have IBS, flatulence (very very rarely), and I'm "cured" of lactose intolerance.
Used to have some occasional chest pains..but it has been 6 mths already and i've not met with another episode.

You may want to consider taking mercury test....

Take care and get well soon!

Minnoe

I haven't had  an amalgam filling in the last 6 months, but probably within the last two years. That's interesting, I've never heard of it. I'll look into it, but I'm thinking all of this is just poor quality college cafeteria food, lol. I can't get out of the contract for the meal plan though!