Gastroenterology Community
Gastric disturbance
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gastric disturbance

A couple weeks ago my daughter and I were returning from 10 days on an island in the Caribbean.  She was beginning to suffer flu symptoms just prior to our return.  We changed flights (and missed our flight) in CancĂșn and spent the night there.  We flew into Tulsa the next day.  Because of the Swine Flu scare she was told to work from home.  The following day I was so tired I could barely get out of bed but no gastric disturbance.  Since then both of us have had VERY soft stools, bordering on diarrhea, pale in color (yellow to tan) with a lot of intestinal rumbling.  Other than that we feel well and do not have any abdominal pain, undue tiredness, achiness, etc
The day after our return we visited a doctor to be tested for influenza - they told us we did NOT have any kind of flu.  But my daughter had blood work done for a doctor's appointment and they told her that her liver enzymes were WAY off. Her doctor told her to wait a few weeks until her system settled down from her travel and test again. I suspect that these results may be related to her problem and possibly mine also.  Do any of you experts have any ideas on this?