Gastroenterology Community
Gastric outlet Obstruction

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gastric outlet Obstruction

History: (Accidental Acid Intake) - I drank battery water as a bet and felt severe burning effect immedately. I started vomitting 5 mins after that. I was taken to hospital and was administrated drips and was discharged after 2 days with prescribed med: Ulsanic, Cap Risek 40mg, Augmentin DS.

Now I have severe wounds in my stomach and one of the wound as it was healing has made an obstruction at the discharging portion of my stomach. Now i am unable to eat any solid food as it vomits out immediately and only taking liquids. Now doctors say I have 2 options: one is to be kept on drips for food intake as long as my stomach wounds get healed up and the 2nd option is operation in which they will change the path from which my food will be excreted from the stomach.

What is your reflection on this case? which option should I choose? and if U think i have batter alternate please help me out !!!

Thanks In advance.
My suggestion would be to stay on the drip and see if you can get the wound to heal successfully. If that doesn't work and the obstruction remains, please make sure you completely research the procedure(s) the docs want to use for the operation. If possible, avoid any operation involving a Bilroth procedure. You may want to look into procedures that are similar to those used for gastric bypass surgery as they appear to have a better track record.

However, with any form of surgery there are going to be side-effects and consequences. Make sure you discuss ALL of them with your doctor. Don't go into surgery 'blind.'