Gastric pacemaker?
I have had been diagnosed with gastroparesis for a couple of years now. My nausea is getting worse. About a year a go my gastroenteroligist and I thought about a gastric pacemaker, but not many had been done and the results were iffy. Since then I have been reduced to eating hummus, fat free smoothies and uhhh, well that is about it if I don't want to feel like **** for the rest of the day. I am either allergic to the drugs available or they don't work. If you have had a gastric pacemaker put in, please let me know whether or not it has worked for you! I'd love to hear from people that have had botox injections too. Thanks from the bottom of my tummy!
I have had diabetic gastroparsis for over two years  and have a pacemaker. It was placed Sept 5th last year in San Fran. and it seems like it hasn't helped. They recently turned up the pacemaker to the max 10 and still im hospitalized  for dehydration every two to three weeks for several days. I use to vomit daily all day long but reglan, phenergan,and  marijuana help. I thought the pacemaker would have made more of a difference. But, I do have to say I don't throw up AS much. Every morning I wake up nauseas until I smoke pot. That buys time for my reglan and phenergan to kick in. Some days are good, some days are bad. I've been hospitalized over 30x over the last year and its been hell on me , my 6 year old son , and my family. I hope one day to regain my life back.........
Just a heads up, there's a great gastroparesis group on Yahoo! Groups which you would likely benefit from. I have a very mild form of it (thank God), so I can't help you with your question directly, but I know many of the people in the group have gone through what you're going through. From what I hear, you're right: it is iffy. For some people it works great, for others it doesn't. Personally, I've benefited greatly from acupuncture, specifically when my doctor does the electrical stimulation. Given your situation, this might not be too great a help, but a good acupuncturist might be able to treat not just the symptoms but the underlying condition, thereby ceasing the downward spiral.

Good luck.
I have the enterra therapy gastric stimulator I am the first child in Florida to get one and the 11th child ever it has worked wonders. before I got the device I threw up about 15 times a day the device has made it that i get nasues 2-3 also before i got it I was about 80 pounds now im 15 and im about 110 pounds here is a site if you would like to learn more
http://www.medtronic.com/your-health/gastroparesis/device/questions-and-answers/index.htm
sorry for my bad grammar iz bes failing english
My son has been a diabetic for the past 20 years- type 1. He is now 46 & has gastroparesis. He goes through sever stomach pains, then vomit, then retch then blood. He doesn't get very much sleep anymore but he feels that when he does sleep for quite a while, the pain is more severe. Can this be right?
Marlhine
***@****
I have had gastroparesis for years and could not use reglan it made me worse.  My doctor refered me to a pharmacy outside the US for a drug called domperidone, it has worked wonderfully as well as the glass of red wine to help digest my food.  I still bloat when i increase the dosage it helps.  My nerve was cut to my stomach by accident during surgery.  I have been gaining weight and not losing weight, is there anyone else out the that has gained weight with this????  I found out at the same time that I have hashimots a autoimune disease that attacks the throyid this may be why i am gaining weight.