Gastroenterology Community
Gastritis and Mastic Gum

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gastritis and Mastic Gum

I have had gastritis for a year.  I have had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy, and was diagnosed with gastritis.  I am on Nexium and Carafate.  Nothing seems to help with the gastritis. I have suffered for so long that I am willing to try anything at this point that will help.   I have heard that Mastic Gum works for this condition.  Is it safe to take?  I am a diabetic.
The short answer is no.

I've spent over $1200 trying various remedies and Mastic Gum will not help.  If you had H.Pylori then it may help, otherwise save your money.

I have been through four bottles of Mastic Gum and it does help with GERD, but did little to get rid of the gastritis symptoms (stomach pain, bloating).

I can point you in the right direction of some things that will help, so just send me a message if you want to find out some more.

Adam
HI AP81 Adam,
This is Mariex,
I would like to know how to get rid of Gastritis symptoms. You did mention that Mastic Gum doesn't help. Can you send me an email ***@****

Thank you.
Mariex
To: AP81

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend

AP81
Male, 27 years
Melbourne - Australia
Member since Aug 2008  

HI AP81 Adam,
This is Mariex,
I would like to know how to get rid of Gastritis symptoms. You did mention that Mastic Gum doesn't help. Can you send me an email ****.***

Thank you.
Mariex
I have gastritis and would like to know what would help.  Thanks.
Mastic Gum in conjunction with a Probiotic and Sulforaphane, will help get rid of the hpolyri, its the combo that kills it. And you need to buy very good brands of them good quality! Good luck:)
I no longer have hpolyri due to this combo treatment. I still have Atrophic Gastritis because sometimes even getting rid of the hpolyri doesnt end the gastritis, but my gastritis isnt too bad because I have a treatment (herbal) and all (diet) that is healing me, my last endoscopy showed improved on my lining. If you need dosage amounts for the combo let me know or the gastritis outline. Take Care!
Please help me as I have chronic gastritis. Can you tell me the treatment that you are using. I used to have mild gastritis symptoms but I made the terrible mistake of trying mastic gum to get rid of h pylori and it had made my symptoms worst. In fact it has messed up my digestive abilities. I now suffer from extreme bloating since my food does not digest properly and I can only eat very little. The mastic gum may have left me with gastroparesis.