Gastroenterology Community
Gastritis and gerd now what

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gastritis and gerd now what

I am a 36-year-old single female without children. I’ve been suffering with GERD for years now and I’ve used various OTC meds. However, over the last two months it has gotten worst. I’ve had 3 emergency room visits for heart attack symptoms. One ER doctor actually laughed as he released me. I’ve had numerous tests done (blood test, EKG, Stress test with something, upper abdomen ultra sound, sleep apnea and upper endoscopy). The ekg and stress test were normal. The upper abdomen ultra sound and blood test showed fat in the liver.  I have not received the results from the sleep apnea test yet.  The endoscopy showed grade b acid reflux and gastritis. One erosion is located in the upper abdomen and the other erosion is in the lower 3rd section of the esophagus.  I’ve been placed on carafate (1gm/10ml) 4xs a day, nexium (40 mg) 2x and day, Reglan (10 mg tab) every 6 hours, Zantac (300 mg) at bed time, and vitamin d 50000 IU cap 2x a week. I rarely drank alcohol but I did eat fried foods, citrus, mints, chocolate and I smoked. However, I’ve eliminated those activities for at least six weeks now. I’ve eliminated caffeinated, decaffeinated, and carbonated drinks for about six weeks as well. I’ve raised my bed 6 inches and don’t eat before bedtime.  I eat smaller meals and more fruit (apples and pears). I follow a strict acid reflux diet. I drink Aloe Vera juice (not around medicine time) and plenty of water. I walk after each meal and take the medicine as prescribed.  I’ve lost 25 pounds but I am still in pain. I have chest pain around the outline of my breast that hurts to touch or when I move my arms in the sternum. I have esophageal spasms, as I was told not palpitation. I have pain around my upper abdomen under my rib cage. I have shooting pains in my breast and shoulders that hurts to touch after the pain. I have a cramping pain in my back between my breastbones. I have dull aches in the palms of my hands. I have pinching pain in my feet. I have headaches and various pinching sharp like pains in my head. I have no idea what else to do or tell my doctors (gastrologist, cardiologist, and ppc).
What can I do to stop the pain?
In pain