Gastroenterology Community
Gastritis biopsies

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gastritis biopsies

Today I had 4 biopsies taken from the antrum and stomach body. Gastritis was found.  I have been doing some reading, and cannot figure out if this is serious or not.  Is Gastritis the end result of a number of different diseases?  Does gastritis ever go away?
Gastritis can be caused by many different things.  You doctor will help you figure out what is it from.  Gastritis does go away when the underlying problem is treated.
Thank you.  I am quite worried that the main reason can be quite serious.  Not worried about the polyp in colon, but very worried for the reason for gastritis.  
Have you been using a lot of asprin recently?  Have you been tested for H Pylori?
I take 325mg aspirin every day for blood thinning for heart issues and have not specifically been tested for H Pylori.  I thought that might show up in biopsy if it is an issue.  I guess I am most worried about gastric cancer- Having trouble eating, no appetite, immensely bloated stomach, pain in lump in mid stomach and major bowel issues.   I guess all of this is speculation.  I also might have diabetic gastroparesis as well.  I am just sick of being sick and sleeping all day and all night. Thanks for your interest.  This is helpful.
The gastritis could be from taking the asprin.  I would talk to your doctor about this.  Your symptoms do sound like gastroparesis and that is more likely if you are diabetic.  You should talk to your doctor about a gastric emptying scan.