Gastritis help
About 3 months ago I was violently sick on an empty stomach and after that started getting stomach pains, I felt like I had damaged something during the vomiting.  I was diagnosed with gastritis and tried ppis which didn't help, then some homeopathic remedies and now on high strength Zantac which helps a little.  I pretty much have a moderate stomach pain all the time which gets worse with any irritating food so I have been sticking to a bland diet.  I have been referred to have an endoscopy in the future but am wondering if what I have now could be an ulcer as that would explain the constant pain.  Has anyone had an experience like this and actually managed to cure it?
How are you? Definite diagnosis for peptic ulcer is made through upper endoscopy. If your present medicines are not helping, I recommend that you inform your doctor for proper management suited for you.  Symptoms of ulcer disease varies and may even be asymptomatic. It can present with upper abdominal burning or hunger pain one to three hours after meals and in the middle of the night. Avoiding the irritating foods and caffeine-rich drinks such as tea, coffee or soda may be helpful. However, it is best that you have the endoscopy done and have a referral to a gastroenterologist. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thanks I have a gastro appt booked but not until after christmas.  I am now getting a dull ache under my right rib cage, seems to be there all the time, any ideas what that could be?
That's the area where the liver, pancreas and gallbladder are, but it's also the upper portion of the ascending colon.  It could be any of these things.  I was fortunate that when I had that pain that mine was either colon pain or it could have been a spastic gallbladder at the time.  So, that can occur if one has IBS, just so you know.  It's not always gallstones and it's not always something horrific.  Just serious enough to pay attention to and make diet modifications.
I had my endoscopy today and confirmed gastritis but also some scalloped mucosal folds on my duodenum, being tested for celiac disease.  If it's not that what could have cause it??