Gastritis+Hiatal Hernia...digestive enzymes?
After an upper endoscopy, I was recently diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and gastritis. My gastroenterologist put me on 60mg dexilant which I take once a day. Since I started on the dexilant, I have become VERY bloated and gassy and feel like nothing I eat gets digested. I'm having increasing 'chest' pain as well as a result of the bloating and reflux, and it's really becoming a problem. I tried going off the dexilant but the acid reflux is so bad that even my nasal passages burn. I am assuming that because the dexilant takes away some of that stomach acid, it can interfere with food digestion and that's what's leading to my bloating. I thought perhaps taking digestive enzymes just before meals would help, but I've read some information on the internet that says people with gastritis should NOT take digestive enzymes because it can increase inflammation in the intestines. I'm not sure I understand why. Can someone clarify for me whether digestive enzymes would help or worsen someone in my situation?

thank you.
Digestive enzymes do what they say, they digest. So especially if your stomach is irritated and raw then it would make it even worse upon taking enzymes. You should only take enzymes if you have pancreatic insufficiency and cannot digest your foods normally.