Gastro and sinus problems - linked?
Last year I had abdominal pain which turned out to be gastritis from stress. Since then the following has happened:

Horrendous cold in the chest and sinus (heavy in the sinuses and could feel my windpipe hurting if I turned my head)
Broad spec abx for h pylori
Omeprazole ever since
Oral candidiasis from the abx
Antifungals for the candidiasis
Four weeks of chronic diarrea (up to ten times per day)

The gastro problems have cleared up now but I'm left with a constant gagging reflex when I talk, a feeling of a lump in my throat if I lower my head, 'crunching' ears in the morning and a clearing or 'twitching' sensation with some pain in my eardrums later in the day. My ears also get clogged when I try to clear the back of my nose and weirdly after going to the gym.

I used to be fit as a fiddle before last autumn and am eating healthily and training down the gym, having lost five kilos in weight and getting fitter I thought I'd be ok. It's been four months now and I've racked up more dr visits in those four months than in the last fifteen years. Can anybody help?
Hi there!

A short course of antibiotics, particularly those prescribed for H. Pylori is unlikely to have been the cause of candidiasis. Possible causes of the described symptoms include URT infections, inflammations, neuro-muscular causes etc. I would suggest considering a evaluation by a primary care physician or an ENT specialist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!