Gastroenterology- Nodular Mucosa Terminal Ileum
I recently had a colonoscopy done. Everything came back normal except for "nodular mucosa" in the terminal ileum. I have looked everywhere for information on what implications this could have, but have found nothing on any sites. Any info you could provide would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance.
It will depend on what the biopsy shows. This could mean a number of things. Usually nodular mucosa in that area would suggest aggregations of lymphoid 'follicles' - centers where a lot of immune cells congregate. But the reason for the increased number can only be found upon histological investigation of the tissues.
I just recently had a colonoscopy and accoding to the findings/impressions everything was normal however they found a nodular mucosa in the rectosigmoid region?? The nurse was explaining to me and I was still under anesthia. Tried to talk to doctor however he was performing procedures on others. What does this mean?