Gastroenterology Community
Gastroparesis and Diarrhea
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gastroparesis and Diarrhea

My vagus nerve was severed on a second Nissen fundoplication after the first one failed. I am mechanically unable to throw up because of the "wrap". Immediately following surgery I began having unexpected diarrhea. I have been diagnosed by gastric emptying study with severe gastroparesis. It seems like sometimes the diarrhea hits fairly shortly after a meal which seems more like dumping syndrome. I am confused as I did not think that gastroparesis and dumping syndrome can coexist. I have had little help from my GI doc or explanation. It has now been several years and needless to say life is unpredictable. I treat myself with immodium which helps, but then unexpectedly I get very ill. How can I have gastroparesis and diarrhea shortly after a meal? How can I best manage my condition. Can gastroparesis exist with dumping syndrome?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank