Gastroparesis and weight loss
I have gastroparesis - paralyzed stomach - and it is difficult to digest fiber foods.  I cannot eat fresh fruits and vegetables - especially salads - so how can I diet and lose weight?
I am also diabetic and take insulin which is what is keeping me from losing the weight most likely. I also take Domperidone - 8 tablets a day which is probably why I'm not vomiting as so many others on this discussion board seem to be doing.
Quick question I had a Gastric Emptying Scan that came back abnormal. I was told that after 90 min. 50% emptying is normal, but I only had 30% emptying. I have never vomited due to any of my digestive issues.

To the threadstarter, what happens to you when you eat fresh frutis and vegetables?
I get extremely full and naseauous and I will not have a bowel movement for days.  I am seeing a specialist at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital and am in a gastroparesis research study.  My doctor told me that since my stomach is paralyzed that fiber foods just sit there and will not digest.  He told me to stay clear of salads.
I thought fiber was meant to help us "go"
In my case, it works the opposite.  That's why trying to lose weight is so difficult.  Of course, I take insulin too and that makes you gain weight.  A true catch 22 situation.