Gastroenterology Community
Gastroperisis

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gastroperisis

Hi  I am wondering if Gastroperisis is a life time thing or does it go away one day like it appeared  I have been dx with it about a month ago some days are good that I might be able to hold some foods down This has been going on a few years A dx was nice finally  it took that long to find a dr that new about it  I am still unable to work  due to the abdominal pain and bloat and also the vomiting What foods work for any one else and how do they manage every day life with it  I am taking meds  but not a fantastic response with them
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  In most cases, gastroparesis is a life time thing.  I would recommend trying a gastroparesis diet which is a low-fiber, low-fat diet, with eating small frequent meals throughout the day.  What medications have you tried?
I am taking Raglan and Imimpremine( a depression drug that has been shown to empty the stomach) Was told to stop taking the Raglen though. The dr says no fiber no whole grains no fatty- thats ok had gallbladder removed last year so use to that Most protiens dont work either  can eat most of the time turkey breast not smoked also have GERD Somedays things will work the next time tried may get sick protien drinks no good  Is this just a try and see thing I have pulled up the gastro diet and had a little help but nothing steady Am I going to have to eat the same things forever over and over  its getting to be I rather not eatt  and how can you eat healthy
What country do you live in?  You may not be eating "healthy" in terms of fiber including high fiber vegetables, but if you google high fiber foods, you will find a list of things you need to avoid.  You just need to try and find a protein source that works for you, which can be tricky.
I am in the US    will do more research   thankyou
There is another medication called domperidone that helps gastroparesis, but it is not legal in the US (even though you can get it shipped from Canada).
also recently diagnosed with this thing- taking domperidome with some positive results but like you good and bad days, dr now suggesting botox shots to relax spincter muscle at bottom of the stomach, -a temporary(if it works at all) fix. the diet is the biggie, calories proteins,carbs- get a good gastrologist-and nutritionist- best of luck to you
Current research shows that botox injections in general cases are no more effective than saline injections (ony effect is due to the placebo effect).