Gastroenterology Community
Gerd or ?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Gerd or ?

Hi everyone I have been through multiple test for every other part of my body and now had an allergic reaction to something.  I went to the E.R.  and they gave me prednizone on top of some other medications.  I took the prednizone and benedryl together and started having some horrible chest tightening that want all tha way into my throat!  On top of that I had some wicked heartburn going along with it all.  After I finished all the medication perscribed I was pale as could be and felt very sick.  Close to not being here anymore.  I saw the allergist and described my symptoms and he suggested that I get an ekg done.  He also said that it sounded a lot like gerd. I too get the head rush sensation when I eat or drink anything like coffee or prune juice.  Then I feel dizzy and my skin is all pale.  I am not sure if this is due to a allergy reaction or if it is GERD.

This discussion is related to Dizziness, Chest Pain, GERD?.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI infections, inflammations, GERD, cardiac issues, causes related to the chest wall, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!