Gastroenterology Community
Glabladder Surgery - previous radiation treatment for breast cancer

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Is it safe to have sugery for my galbladder after radiation to the breast area on the right? , the radiation was in 2004 I have a clear mamo as of 11/08 . I am healthy except for the attacks that have been occuring since late 2005 , I backed out after my presurgery appt. due to not feeling well and fear., later I was told that it was a good thing I didn't have the surgery could be dangerous for me due to the radiation on the right side. I realize radiation is active for approx 18 months but it this surgery dangerous or risky for me, can someone qualified tell me or help me find out?
Thank You
Tags: surgery