Gluten Insensitivity
I am a married 36 year old woman with two children and have suffered my entire life with digestive issues - excessive burping, stomach aches, abdominal cramping, alternating constipation and diarrhea.  I have also had debilitating migraines.  Just this past year, I came upon trying a gluten free diet.  HOORAH!!!!!  It is not a conicidence that I feel 100 million times better when I avoid gluten.  My digestive upsets, headaches, body aches and general malaise are completely gone when I follow the gluten free diet.  Just to make sure this is not all in my head, I have ingested gluten at various times and gotten violently ill when I have done so.  The symptoms usually take 2 - 3 days to go away.  By the way, I had gone to a gastroenterologist who did bloodwork looking for celiac disease.  My bloodwork came back normal.  However, I am going to stick to my gluten free diet because of the obvious benefits of feeling well.

This discussion is related to Excessive Burping.
Congratulations, Lisa on sticking to gluten-free even after the blood test results! Many people unfortuantely believe those darned tests and go on being sick for years until the symptoms escalate.

Make sure to watch for signs of any gluten issues in your kids. If you want to have them tested, go the fecal antibody route - MUCH more specific and sensitive. You can check it out at enterolab.com.
Your blood work will come back normal if you are not consuming gluten several weeks before the test.  You can only confirm it by biopsy,  My bloodwork came back negative for celiac's but the Dr still thinks there is a good chance I have it.  I am scheduled for upper and capsule endoscopy next week which will tell me more.