Gastroenterology Community
Going on two months now...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Going on two months now...

On 9/11 I went to er for chest pains (tightness), took all sorts of tests, also had a "Bubble" under ribcage.  Dr. pressed where gall bladder is, almost came off table.  Sent me to get ultra sound on Gall bladder, kidney and liver, all came back negative, went back to heart, gave me a stress test, all is fine there.  Was put on Prilosec to take one a day. I have also had a CT scan, Endoscopy and all came back normal.  Blood work is fine also.  After endoscopy, put me on a med for IBS.  Made pain in my abdomen worse.  Now off that.  I still have the pain and the bubble from the time I get up until I go to bed.  Painful tenderness from right at the tip of my sternum down to my belly button.  Whole abdomen is tender.  If I eat anything I get such sharp pains (gas pains) I have to walk around, cant sit, I then take a Phaysezyme.  Helps a bitt.  But this is going on for two months, and I am in constant fear of what I eat.  Lost 5 lbs.  I get pain in my left shoulder, and sometimes a burning sensation  on both sides of my kidney area.  I am waiting to get into a specialist (appointment is on Dec 30th) but, I am uncomfortable and in pain.  Could this have anything to do with my pancreus?  Please, any suggestions would be helpful.
I would recommend you schedule another doctor sooner than later.  I am experiencing the exact symptoms as you and have yet to find out what the problem is.  My CT scan did show a very small 2mm anamoly in my pancreas in August and I am rescheduled for a followup mid November to see if there were any changes.

Chances are it is not cancer as blood work would normally show an increase in white blood cell counts but one can never be sure.  I went to ultrasound, X-rays, CT scan, endoscopy and colonoscopy all with no results.  Gall bladder, liver, kidneys and stomach tested okay.  Pain appears in kidney areas for me as well, also directly below the sternum or center of the rib cage.

What age bracket are you in? are you considered overweight?  It could be something as simple as GERD (I am diagnosed with that).  Do you lie around after eating?  Try raising the back of your bed six inches higher than the front.  Raise the bed... do not try and use pillows to raise your back as the body tends to move off the pillows.  Do not lie down after eating for at least two hours.  If this fixes your problems, it is most likely GERD related.
I just showed your posting to my daughter and she said, "so she has the same thing as me basically".  My daughter suffered everyday like you are and the latest medicine gave her about 2 hrs a day of relief.  I found a post online by a man named Steven H. Horne, Hiatal Hernia.  I took her to the chiropractor and he fixed it.  Today is day 10 that she is pain free and able to eat and sleep.  A good chiropractor or knowledgable massage therapist can fix it.  Good luck and let me know what happens.