Green, tarry, stools
I have been having green/black stools for over a week with stomach pain (right below sternum) accompanying that.  I went to see my physician and she tested me for blood in stool during the office visit and it was negative.  I also submitted a stool sample earlier today (also negative).  I also just found out that I have bateria (not e-coli) in my dug well at my home. Could I have a baterial infection in my gut that is causing the pain and the black/green/sticky stool? It is my understanding that most bacterial infections cause loose stools...not borderline constipation type stools...I don't know if this is something else or not and wonder if I should be asking my physician to do testing for bacterial infections...Thoughts?
Wonder if you might possibly have some gallbladder problems as that can certainly cause GI upset in different ways, although at its worst bile is a natural laxative so you would sometimes get diarrhea, although I never did when I had mine.

If your pain is more right-sided than left, then I would ask to perhaps see if you could get an ultrasound at the very least to determine whether it's functioning properly.
hi, yes indeed the possibility of bacterial infection in your digestive system is very likely, cheers.